Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm grateful for...



Today I am grateful for......... the Arts.

This morning we went to see "The Gruffalo". A favourite story adapted by the very clever, Tall Stories Theatre Company in the UK. It was brilliant. I'm so glad that the show was able to make it to our little part of the world

Earlier on in the week, we also went along to our school's 'Music Night.' It was a really fun night. The school choir sang beautifully, the teachers did a great Abba sequence (very funny) and the boys choir 'rocked' as all good 8 and 9 year old boys should.

I know for a fact, that seeing shows like these as a young child, encourages a life long love of the theatre.


(image from here)

Take myself for example. I looooove marionette puppets. I remember sitting in our huge town hall with all the other 6 year olds in Grade One, watching the puppet show, "Peter and the Wolf." The School Arts Council travelled to small towns bringing culture to the country folk. I for one, am very glad that they did.



And more puppet love. I think that watching the 'Sound of Music' every school holidays, also had something to do with my enthusiasm for these little wooden people. The 'puppet theatre scene' is definitely still one of my favourite parts of the movie. My kids love it too.

Go over to 'maxabella loves' for more gratitude posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Ritemails| Privacy Policy