Monday, January 31, 2011

The next generation

I had forgotten that I had taken these photos.

Miss Moo Moo had been my little helper last week, as I washed the plates, cups and glasses from our crockery cupboard.



My heart skipped a beat when I looked into the sink of soapy water. Both of us washing away at the same time. Sharing our duties. The fourth and fifth generation of women in our family to wash these fragile teacups.



Had they been washed by mothers, with their daughters at their side? Were they used daily or only for lavish afternoon teas and baby christenings? Had they been received as wedding gifts? Could the original owners, ever have imagined, that their china, would be passed on and on for more than 10o years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Ritemails| Privacy Policy